Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rant;

* Disclaimer: I am going to be a bit of a complainer for a minute here. Sorry. *

I have never been able to understand why people are the way they are:

1. When I was a child, I was very quiet and awkward. I had a lot of trouble leaving the house and I NEVER would have talked to strangers. That was just not something I was physically able to do. But, regardless of my own personality, I distinctly remember that children were far more respectful about the space they occupied back then. At the risk of sounding like a fifty year old woman, when I was their age I never would have dreamed of disrupting everything as the children of today desire to. In a department store, I feel like anyone who is my age can maintain that their parents would have sold them to the next stranger if they had ever acted out in the ways that I have been experiencing since I started working in a mall. The way that children act now frightens me. They have no limits, and parents don't seem to mind that their 'little angels' are terrorizing racks of clothing/throwing food/temper tantruming/generally forcing me to clean up after them. I actually worry about these children that I see in my stores, because the future leaders of our world seem fairly hell-bent on destroying everything in their paths.

2. In what way is it ever alright to go into a department store and throw all of the clothing around onto the floor? I cannot even believe the nerve of some people when I walk into fitting rooms and they have literally thrown everything they tried on against the wall (inside out) into a giant pile of fabrics. More than that, I think that my blood actually boils when I am clearly organizing a mess of clothing and these people throw all of their clothing at my feet. I know that it is my job to clean up, but I know that when I go to any clothing store, whether classy or...otherwise, I neatly hang the things I have tried on back up. Or I hand them to the girl at the door so that she can do it properly. At least I make some effort. I just don't understand how people can have so little concern for the work of others. Especially while I have been priding myself on doing everything in my power to make people's lives a little easier. I know that I am not perfect, but really. I don't really understand how the world works.

/Rant.

1 comment: